Friday, December 27, 2013

Lolita Blog Carnival: New Years Resolutions for Lolita Fashion in 2014

2013 was a whirlwind year for me with lots of big life events like graduating from college, getting my first post graduation full time job, getting my driver’s license, and going to my first conventions out of state because I finally had enough money to travel outside of Alabama a bit. With life slowing down as I start to adjust to how my daily routine has changed, I have some lolita resolutions for the year tied in with my blogging and life in general for 2014..


-Organize my lolita closet. I’m able to keep up with my main wardrobe pieces pretty well, but my jewelry and shoe collection is a mess scattered across the apartment and walk-in closet right now. Having a cat that likes to pick up items and play with them doesn’t help the situation much, but I can’t take the disorder anymore. For the new year, I’m going to start looking into cat proof ways to store and find myself accessories more easily along with buying a bigger shoe organizer.


-Integrate more lolita items into my work wardrobe. I’ve already begun to shift my wardrobe to a more classical feel so that I can feel more comfortable wearing the items to work. Now, I actually need to take the plunge and start wearing the items to work even if I am feeling sluggish in the morning. Wearing the clothes that I enjoy so much lends more enjoyment to my work day, so I want to make time for that pleasure.


-Sell pieces of my wardrobe that I’m not going to wear again. I have some parts of my closet that don’t get any play at this point in my development as a lolita. I have a hard time forcing myself to actually sit down and sell them so I can afford more lolita pieces or at least put the money towards my marriage fund. I want to force myself to actually go through my wardrobe pieces while I’m reorganizing to determine what items I’ve even going to be wearing in the future.


-More exercise. Since beginning work, I’ve actually only gained about one pound. However, I’ve maintained weight through eating less not through continuing my exercise regime, so I’ve managed to gain back a couple of unwanted centimeters as I’ve become much less toned. Also, doing yoga keeps me mentally balanced in addition to building up basic strength in my body, so I want to get back to my routine of doing yoga at least three times a week and perhaps cut back on the World of Warcraft/Hearthstone binging.


-Monthly posts. Rather than dump a season’s worth of outfits at once, I could go back to giving more in depth posts on every event and actually rolling out at least a post per month. I also want to get back to putting out more directly useful content such as reviews on Bodyline items that I’ve tried out and smaller indie stores where I’ve bought items. Oh, and more Lolita Blog Carnival posts would be a good idea also.


I wish you a happy 2014, and may you have the strength to fulfill your resolutions in the new year.



No comments:

Post a Comment