Friday, January 18, 2013

Lolita Blog Carnival: If I Had a Lolita Themed Cafe...

I love this topic idea. If I had a lolita themed cafe, I would take a lot of my inspiration from maid cafes, common in trendy areas of Japan and often times mimicked at anime conventions.

Beautiful girls, taken from gallery of Ichigo Kitty Cosplay
For the decor of the place, I would go with a more over the top sweet theme with Angelic Pretty-esque curtains and other pastel motifs like fresh light pink roses on the tables each day.

I would place an emphasis on the menu upon delicious coffees and teas, sweet desserts, and other cutely themed main course dishes such as omurice with delightful pictures drawn on them like at maid cafes.

Nya~!
I would aim for the workers to wear sweet lolita dresses to work though encouraging them to wear cheaper lolita such as Bodyline so as to not ruin their expensive clothing and while also providing apron skirts to fit over their main dresses. Who isn't looking to make aprons work more with lolita? If I found this didn't work out well, I'd just encourage them to wear sweetly themed fashions like fairy kei that they would be as concerned about ruining.

Anyway, thank you for reading this week! Be sure to check out the other participants in this round of Lolita Blog Carnival

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a cute idea! I like the idea of the staff wearing basically whatever they want too! It would be so fun to see the different things they wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maid Cafes as well! Omurice would be my favorite dish!

    ReplyDelete