Saturday, April 28, 2012

Recent Crafting Fun

I've been working on making little accessories to go with my lolita outfits / for everyday wardrobe fun. One of the easier basic projects to do seems to be creating bows, so I started with that.

The set of tutorials which I used came from a section of Hip Girl Boutique which seems to have a large variety of types of bows to make which I'm looking forward to trying. For this project, I chose to use the simple "How to Make a Bow-Tie Hairbow" tutorial. Though the particular tutorial calls for the use of 1.5 inch ribbon, I decided to opt to use some 1 inch ribbon My Little Pony ribbon which I purchased through Isabella's Designs on etsy. The ribbon was just too darling not to make a hair bow out of:

Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie... Oh my!
The tutorial calls for the use of elastic thread to bind the center of the ribbon upon making it. However, I used tiny rubber bands instead and found that they were an appropriate substitution. Additionally, I had originally intended to make the ribbon cinching my bow in the middle to be white. However, I had the mishap of accidentally buying sheer white ribbon instead of something thicker which would obscure the view of the band holding it together, so I ended up using some thicker black ribbon which I had in my craft supplies.


Overall, I found the end result to be cute. I had trouble positioning the pony girls to display maximum amounts of pony through I still liked my end result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment